Light is an optics technology startup that is reinventing photography with its revolutionary L16 camera. I lead the company's external comms and content marketing initiatives, which includes everything from developing a consistent brand voice to commissioning photographers and content creators to tell stories with our camera. Here, I break it down in more detail:
● Copywriting: I brainstorm, concept, and craft compelling copy for all mediums and external channels: website, email, company blog, video scripts, digital ads.
● UX writing: I collaborate with Light's UX design team to create clear, engaging, intuitive experiences in all Light products.
● Content marketing: I commission, edit, and produce original photo essays and artist-led series to inspire new L16 photographers.
● Support writer: I write and edit knowledge-based articles for our support site, making complex technical concepts accessible for a broad audience.
● Audience engagement: I manage, source creative assets, and write copy for all of Light's active social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest). I also curate user-generated content, analyze social growth trends, and develop our audience personas.
● Management: I set the editorial calendar and create new processes to move copy throughout the marketing team. I also manage a creative budget, as well as an array of freelance photographers, writers, videographers.